Mount Kerinci (also spelled Kerintji, among several other ways, and referred to as Gunung Kerinci, Gadang, Berapi Kurinci, Kerinchi, Korinci/Korintji, or Peak of Indrapura/Indrapoera) is the highest volcano in Indonesia, and the highest peak on the island of Sumatra. It is surrounded by the lush forest of Kerinci Seblat National Park, home to the endangered species of Sumatran tiger and Sumatran rhinoceros.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Padang International Airport (Meeting Point on request)|
Day1 : Padang - Kersik Tuo
- Arrival in Padang international airport meet pick up by our local guide, then drive to Kersik Tuo. Driving to Kersik Tuo will spend around 10 hours drive via Muara Labuh. On the way stop at tea plantations, twin lake call Danau di Atas and Danau di Bawah, passing several Minangkabau villages, visit Telun Berasap waterfall. Late in afternoon arrive in Kersik Tuo the area of Kerinci seblat National Park, check in to hotel or guest house.
Day 02: Kersik Tuo – Kerinci Mount 3806m ( B,L,D )
- Today in the morning after breakfast we will start to climb Kerinci Mount with high 3806m above from sea level, Kerinci is the high mountain in Sumatra Island, one of the high active volcano in Indonesia. Kerinci mount one of volcano where located in the Kerinci Seblat National Park. If we are lucky during walking on the path, can see wild life like monkey, birds and plants. Walking from starting point to shelter 3 will spend around 6-7 hours. Arrive in shelter 3 in afternoon we take a break, rest of the time you can enjoy the view and waiting the sunset come. Overnight at the tent.
Day 3: Kerinci Mount - Kersik Tuo
- Early in the morning wake up, after drink cup a tea or coffee start to climb to the summit. Walking on the sand, gravel and rock must be careful and keep focus. Arrive on the summit we are stand up next to the crater, when the weather nice we will reach the summit before the sunrise. On the top you can enjoy the panorama and landscape from Kerinci peak. Then we go down back to the shelter for rest and breakfast, after that we preparing back down to Kersik Tuo with the same way. Arrive at the bottom at noon directly back to guest house.
Day 4: Kersik Tuo - Padang
- Today we will drive back to Padang take a different way via Sungai Penuh, passing Tapan road and Painan, drive in the west coast Sumatra Island. This day will be long drive, from Kersik Tuo to Padang would take around 12 hours drive, stop in several place Tapan area and west coast beach. Tapan is one of area in Kerinci Seblat National Park, around Tapan area where is still life Sumatran Tiger, Tapir and many else animals. Late in afternoon arrive in Padang check in to the hotel.
Day 5: Padang - Airport
- This day is you last day in Sumatra Island. After breakfast transfers to the Minangkabau International Airport for next destination or flight back home.
|Min 2 pax Rp. 11.000.000 / 815 $|
|4 pax Rp. 10.000.0000 / 740 $|
We also offer other package or customized. Please contact us for more information.